You depend on your roof to keep the occupants of your home or business safe from the elements, and most roofs will do that job dutifully for many years. However, even the best-designed and constructed roof will eventually start to wear out, and no roof is totally immune to damage from severe weather or other factors. It’s important for you, as the property owner, to know what signs to look out for that indicate your roof needs to be repaired. If you notice any of these examples at your property, contact our team at FD Roofing & Construction, LLC right away for a roof assessment and repair service.
- Granules in the Gutters: While it’s not unusual to see a few stray asphalt granules every now and then, if there are a lot, that means something is wrong and you’ll need to schedule prompt roof repair services to prevent water damage.
- Water Stains on the Walls: Keep an eye on the ceiling and upper areas of your walls after it rains; if you notice water stains creeping in, you’ve likely got a leak somewhere that will need immediate attention to prevent further damage.
- Light in the Attic: If daylight can get in through your roof boards or around any protrusions like chimneys, vents, or skylights, so can water. Contact a roof repair company right away if you notice light coming from anything other than light fixtures in the attic.
- Gaps in the Shingles: If you’re able to see gaps or bare areas on your roof, notice shingles on the ground in your yard, or can see that the roofing material is cracked in any way, schedule roof repairs as soon as possible.
- Sagging or Drooping: Sagging or drooping often indicates that there is serious structural damage, so don’t wait to call for repairs if you think you spot this kind of roofing issue.
If you find yourself in any of these situations, or you have any other reason to suspect you may need roof repair services, reach out to our team right away.